Thank you for choosing Lasting Memory Photography to capture and preserve your special time of life. We have assembled this guide to provide you valuable information regarding our services. Please contact us if you have any further questions.
- What to Expect
- We Guarantee Your Portraits!
- What to Wear
- Your Web Gallery/Proof Book
- Print Options
- Digital Touch Ups
- Our Policies
What to Expect
When you book a session with us we are both agreeing to work together to produce high quality images that you will enjoy for a lifetime. We realize that life can hand us unexpected events. Please call us if you need to change or cancel your session. You may cancel your session up to 24hrs in advance without penalty. We will call you if we need to cancel the session. What to expect after the session:
- Proofs (web gallery or proof book) available within 2 weeks of session
- Schedule personal review with you
- Final order ready gallery within 2 weeks of personal review
Our goal during your session is to capture the images that express who you are and how you and want to remember this special time of your life. You deserve to be happy with these portraits now and for the rest of your life. If there is something that you do not like about your poses, please contact us within 24 hours of picking up your proof book or the web gallery being available. Many of your issues can be corrected when producing the finished portrait, some cannot.
Issues we can fix
- Skin imperfections, acne, moles, blemishes, dark circles under the eyes. Almost any issue with your skin can and will be corrected on all finished portraits at no extra charge. (Exceptions: sunburned or peeling skin, tan lines, glare from glasses, braces are not part of the included retouching. See additional services below for more information)
- Stray hairs – let us know when you order your portraits.
- Proof image in gallery or proof book is too light/dark, color appears off – Lighting and color adjustments are included.
Issues we cannot fix
- Your expressions – Don’t like your smile, do you have a toothy grin, were you scowling, etc.) Our goal is to capture multiple expressions during your session but we are happy to shoot additional poses to your liking.
- Weather for outside sessions – We will reschedule.
- Other issues – If the images from your session are not to your liking or that of you or your parents then another session would be best. Let us know your concerns so that we can help.
If you would like more poses
Call us within 24 hours of picking up your proof book or the web gallery being available and we will discuss your ideas and schedule an additional photo shoot. Please Note: If you wait beyond 24 hours there will be a fee for the additional shoot.
What to Wear
In portraits, your selection of attire can make a great difference between snap shots and timeless, beautiful photos, between long lasting treasures and embarrassing memories! We can fix many issues on your portraits but clothing is not one of them. Here are a few guidelines to help you decide what to wear.
- Wearing outfits in the same color family (different tones of light and dark blue, etc.)
- Muted colors that you can find easily in nature (i.e., greens, blues, browns)
- Solids or extremely simple patterns
- Fitted clothing (big or baggy shirts can make you look a lot larger than you are, and tight clothing may make you look bloated)
- Jewelry – keep it simple and small so attention is on your face
- Simple clothing does not draw attention away from your face or emotions
- Comfortable clothing helps you appear more relaxed
- Long sleeves
- Wild patterns or horizontal stripes
- Bold, crazy colors (orange, lime green, fuchsia, etc.)
- Shirts with writing or graphics on them
- Sleeveless shirts (bare arms distract a viewer’s eyes from your face)
- Short skirts, low necklines, anything even remotely risqué’
Your Web Gallery/Proof Book
You may view proofs of your session in two different ways.
You will receive a URL to an unlisted gallery on our website where you will be able to review the best photos from your session. The gallery will be available within 2 weeks of your session. You will be able to comment on any of the photos. This is an easy way to select your photos and request any touch-ups. The gallery will be available for 1 week.
You may request a proof book that would be ready for pickup within 2 weeks of your session. The book will contain 4×6 proof prints for your review. We will schedule a personal review session when you pick-up your proof book. You will need to return the proof book at the time of your personal review. If the proof book is not retuned at that time there will be a $10/day charge for each day it is late. The will be a $250 charge if the proof book is lost or stolen.
Lasting Memory Photography offers a wide selection of printing options for your photographs. The options range from traditional glossy prints to stretched canvas and even metal! Textures can also be applied to the print to add depth. We also offer various mounting options including traditional framing, gallery wraps, image blocks, books, etc. We will show you examples of the various types of printing and finishes available to you. Here are a few examples of your options.
- Lustre Paper – A semi-gloss paper with vibrant colors and excellent skin tones. Textures available at an additional cost.
- Glossy Paper – Most vibrant colors with a highly reflective, glossy finish. Textures available at an additional cost.
- Metalic Paper – A metallic base adds a shimmer and vibrant colors. Highly reflective, glossy finish. Textures available at an additional cost.
- Metal (Aluminum) – Images are printed directly onto high quality aluminum with ⅛” rounded corners through a dye sublimation process for a clean and lasting final product.
Lasting Memory Photography offers prints of various finishes from wallet to poster sized. You can purchase portraits individually or in one of our convenient packages. You will also receive web-ready resolution digital files of the poses you select that are suitable for Facebook, web sites, etc. at no extra cost. Please contact us for a price list.
Lasting Memory Photography offers individual prints as well as packages. Packages are the most economical way to order your photographs as they provide a discount over individual prints. Custom packages can be arranged. A free digital photograph file for each selected pose, suitable for use on the Web or Facebook, will be provided on CD. We will notify you when your order is ready for pickup or the prints may be sent directly to you. You can decide at the time of purchase. Payments are to be made at time of order. Please contact us for more information.
Digital Touch ups
All selected photographs will have the following corrections:
Additional enhancements are available at an additional cost:
- Glasses Glare ($10/photo)
- Braces Removal ($20/photo)
- Teeth Whitening ($10/photo)
- Selective Coloring ($15/photo)
- B&W or Sepia ($5/photo)
- Your Signature ($5/photo)
- Other Customizations (Please contact us for pricing)
Appointments can be rescheduled or cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the photo shoot. Any cancellation or rescheduling within 24 hours of the shoot will result in a $50.00 charge. If we need to cancel the photo shoot we will reschedule at no cost to you.
Copyright – All photographs are the property of Lasting Memory Photography. Any use of these photos without the written consent of Lasting Memory Photography is a violation of this copyright. Lasting Memory Photography reserves the right to take legal action in the event that the copyright is violated.